- The most important skin care tip we always give our customers is to use sunscreen when you are out in the mountains. People often forget that the sun is as dangerous in winter as it can be in summer, especially in the mountains. Snow reflects up to 80% of UV radiation and can quickly cause sunburn. We recommend to use sunscreen with SPF 50.
- Go for a richer moisturizer in winter. It’s easy to switch your usual moisturizer from summer to winter. Many brands now offer gels and lotions, for example, Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Another favourite is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant which works very well in winter.
- Another wonderful tip for winter is to mix your moisturiser with natural oils. If you want just a little boost, put some drops of oil in your palm and mix it with your daily moisturiser. If you want a more intensive treatment, apply the natural oil on its own after warming it in your palm for a couple of seconds.
- Don’t forget your lips! Please don’t use lip gloss on the piste. The sun rays can cause the same damage in winter as in summer when you are at the beach. Lip balms are much better for you and Winternational has some wonderful versions by Albus & Flora.
- When applying a hydrating moisturizer and the temperatures are freezing, always wait inside for at least 20-30 minutes before you step out into the cold. Sensitive and thin facial skin can suffer from veins bursting through the mix of extreme cold temperatures and water that isn’t yet absorbed by your cells.
- In the evenings, visit the sauna or steam room and let your body and mind relax in the warmth. Skiing is about being active and fit, but take some time to give yourself the opportunity of soothing your mind. After lots of exercise you'll be amazed at how you don't need to engage with electronics so much and can calm yourself happily and reflect on your wonderful day.
- Drink lots of herbal tea to boost your immune system and to help make your skin glow from the inside.
- Sunglasses! Always make sure your sunglasses have excellent coverage and remember the reflection of the sun is much higher in snowy areas.
- At night, put on intense moisturizer on your hands and always carry a little travelsize hand cream with you.
- Last, but not least: Let me share a little secret with you! Nutritional sheet masks work wonders in no time if you are planning to hit the party after being out on the piste. I really love and I can highly recommend the sheet masks of Lecler.
What can we all do day to day to help our skin?
The best tip for your skin is an easy one to follow. Water! Drink lots of water, at least 1.5 litres every day and support your metabolism with herbal tea.
Whose look on or off the piste do you most enjoy?
I love the looks of women in Kitzbuhel and St. Moritz. The looks there are functional, but smart and trendy at the same time. You'll always see the pieces of the season in those two places first!
The most important question – what will you be wearing on the slopes this winter?
Sunscreen, moisturiser and one of Sportalm’s new outfits. I love the brand and their take on making sportswear tres chic!
Winternational was chatting to Eveline Beer, CEO and Founder of Flying Beautiful.
A brand for the modern woman who embraces travel, whether it be for work and/or leisure, Flying Beautiful is on a mission to provide favourite beauty essentials in travel sizes. All products and brands are handpicked and the collection is carefully curated by Eveline and her team. Plus their website has fab tips and advice and is just a lovely place to visit.
Flying Beautiful are offering Winternational customers a fabulous 20% off with the following code WINTERNATIONAL20. Why not give them a try...we love the products and rate the service extremely highly! And we're always overpacking, so this is such a great way to have all your beauty must haves with you but not break your back/suitcase!